| Forums | Search | Statistics | Polls | File Bank | 
 ∅ ?  
You must be logged in to post content on this forum.
Grading Light Illusion Forums / Grading /  
 

Monitor advice—Eizo, NEC, BenQ

 
Author D Fuller
ZRO

#1 | Posted: 20 Jul 2020 17:52 
I am attempting to create a working environment using LightSpace to calibrate a monitor to standard targets for both still photography and video color grading. Since I work for print, broadcast, and web, I want to be able to switch between Adobe RGB, sRGB, and Rec 2020.

I'm considering three ≈30-inch 4K monitors that seem to have the capabilities I need:
- Eizo ColorEdge CG319X
- NEC MultiSync PA311D
- BenQ SW321C
In your view, and assuming calibration with your LightSpace software and an I1 probe, is the NEC significantly better than the BenQ? And is the Eizo enough better than the other two to be worth twice the cost?
Any issues You've seen with any of these monitors?
Is there another monitor I should consider? (I eliminated FSI, because they do not seem well-suited to print work.)

Thanks for your help.

Author RollsRoyce
DPS

#2 | Posted: 21 Jul 2020 14:24 
Deleted.

Author D Fuller
ZRO

#3 | Posted: 22 Jul 2020 16:58 
This is a moot discussion now. After briefly considering an Asus ProArt PA32UCX-PK, I just bought the Eizo.

The choice came down to two things: very consistent reports of better uniformity in the Eizo than any monitor it was compared against, and the fact that I could fine both video colorists and photographers I respect using the Eizo. For each of the other monitors I considered, I could find solid recommendations for one or the other, but not both.

Author Steve Male
INF

#4 | Posted: 22 Jul 2020 17:02 
That is a good a reason as any for making a purchase decision!

Steve
Steve Shaw
Mob Boss at Light Illusion

Author Otto
ZRO

#5 | Posted: 19 Sep 2026 15:18 
D Fuller
Hi
Are you still happy with you Eizo 319

Frank

Author ConnecTED
CAL

#6 | Posted: 20 Sep 2026 03:57 
BTW, the EIZO ColorEdge CG319X professional 4K monitor has reached end-of-life (EOL) status and has been succeeded by newer models like the EIZO ColorEdge CG3100X-BK.

Also, EIZO announced the ColorEdge CG3200X 31.5-inch 4K QD-OLED monitor on September 1, 2026, and showcased it at the International Broadcasting Convention (IBC) in September 2026.

The EIZO ColorEdge CG3200X will begin shipping in autumn/winter 2026.

Author Otto
ZRO

#7 | Posted: 20 Sep 2026 07:03 
Hi Ted
ConnecTED:
BTW, the EIZO ColorEdge CG319X professional 4K monitor has reached end-of-life (EOL) status and has been succeeded by newer models like the EIZO ColorEdge CG3100X-BK.

Also, EIZO announced the ColorEdge CG3200X 31.5-inch 4K QD-OLED monitor on September 1, 2026, and showcased it at the International Broadcasting Convention (IBC) in September 2026.

The EIZO ColorEdge CG3200X will begin shipping in autumn/winter 2026.
Thanks for the interesting information regarding the new models from Eizo!

Despite the fact that the Eizo 319 has reached EOL I`m still happy with mine! 😉

Best

Frank

Author ConnecTED
CAL

#8 | Posted: 20 Sep 2026 23:05 
While the 319X is a great monitor, the EIZO CG3100X offers higher peak output, better contrast, and a Pixel Inspection function, making it a better choice.

Grading Light Illusion Forums / Grading /
 Monitor advice—Eizo, NEC, BenQ

 

 
Online now: Guests - 5
Members - 0
Max. ever online: 380 [24 Mar 2026 21:54]
Guests - 380 / Members - 0