| Forums | Search | Statistics | Polls | File Bank | 
 ∅ ?  
You must be logged in to post content on this forum.
Display Calibration Light Illusion Forums / Display Calibration /  
 

LG G5 - Confused about HDR 3D LUT calibration

 
 
Page  Page 3 of 3 :  « Previous  1  2  3

Author Hotneca Male
ZRO

#31 | Posted: 2 Sep 2026 08:09 
DNice
Thank you for your valuable contribution.

Author calme420
ZRO

#32 | Posted: 9 Sep 2026 14:29 
Apologies if this was answered, but was it clearly defined exactly what the unity bypass upload feature does in Colourspace? Does Unity Bypass null the 3x3 Matrix, whereas just uploading normal Unity nulls the 3D LUT?

Author Steve Male
INF

#33 | Posted: 9 Sep 2026 14:33 
From the LG TV User Guide:
"To make sure there is no existing calibration data active within the selected Profile/Load/Matrix/LUT/Slot, and associated colour space selection, etc., select Unity Bypass from the Select LUT option, and press Upload"

Steve
Steve Shaw
Mob Boss at Light Illusion

Author BiscuitCookie Male
ZRO

#34 | Posted: 12 Sep 2026 12:56 
tallLeRoy
Neat to see you managed to do it with a i1D3. How long did it take for you to do a profile?
OLED65G56LS
ColourSpace LG TV HTL
xRite i1D3 OEM Dell

Author tallLeRoy
ZRO

#35 | Posted: 12 Sep 2026 15:20 
BiscuitCookie
Took just under 4 hours with Stabilization time at 8 seconds and frequent drift patches. The drift was very smooth, so the drift patches may not be needed. Omitting the drift patches would speed up the profile. I did the profile with a Body Cube setting of 9. Not a full profile in that sense, but enough measurements for ColourSpace to do a good job with the 3D LUT. Look to some of my prior posts in this thread for other details.

DNice has posted that there is a different procedure for Dolby Vision calibration. He will post that solution when he has the time. So only use the method for HDR10 on LG displays.

LeRoy

Author Hotneca Male
ZRO

#36 | Posted: 13 Sep 2026 16:04 
tallLeRoy
Hi, after updated to webOS 26 and new firmware, my G6 was unable to connect to any of tools like ColorControl and bscpylgtv.
How do you set' unity the 3x3 gamut matrix' and set Peak Brightness OFF in HDR mode?
Thank you for reply

Author Hotneca Male
ZRO

#37 | Posted: 13 Sep 2026 16:33 
Steve
'The Peak Brightness setting needs to be set to Off.'
I just can't find the setting to adjust it in ColourSpace,and the TV's menu of Peak Brightness in HDR mode was greyed out.
Please tell me how to do that. Thank you.

Author tallLeRoy
ZRO

#38 | Posted: 13 Sep 2026 16:48 
Hotneca
Hi There,

WebOS 26 has caused problems with ColorControl and bscpylgtv and LG White Balance GUI having access to all calibration settings. WebOS 26 refuses permission for some settings and allows others. ColourSpace may have the answer. The LightSpace team has been given permissions to keep their LG TV calibration controls active under WebOS 26.

Steve will be able to give you the answer for ColourSpace and the unity 3x3 Matrix. I don't know all of the things that happen under the covers when the LG TV control in ColourSpace loads a Unity LUT.

The Peak Brightness setting is in the user menus under Brightness in WebOS 25 and 26. Scroll down to see it.

LeRoy

Author Hotneca Male
ZRO

#39 | Posted: 14 Sep 2026 02:10 
tallLeRoy
Thank you for giving me the latest info.

As I've uploaded a pic. of my TV in HDR filmmaker mode, the peak brightness setting is grayed out.
There is no way I could adjust the peak brightness to off.
I've try it in calibration mode by ColourSpace, the same things happened.
I'm very confused about it, the input setting icon of my TV is HDMI ,not the PC.
Thanks for helping me.

Author Hotneca Male
ZRO

#40 | Posted: 14 Sep 2026 02:16 
tallLeRoy
I should clarify that I also have a G5, and I tested this today on the G5, not just the G6. In HDR10, Peak Brightness is locked/greyed out at High. It remains greyed out even after I enable Calibration Mode in ColourSpace.

When you profiled your G5 with Peak Brightness Off, was Peak Brightness actually selectable in the TV user menu while HDR10 was active? If so, which exact Picture Mode were you using, and was there any setting or step you changed first to unlock it?

Author tallLeRoy
ZRO

#41 | Posted: 14 Sep 2026 03:37 
Hotneca
I used HDR Cinema mode for my 3D LUT calibration and only use that mode for my HDR viewing. My Peak Brightness setting was not grayed out. I just checked my G5, Peak Brightness is available in the HDR Cinema mode after 3D LUT calibration. Peak Brightness is also available in the HDR Filmmaker mode that is using what LG provides, without calibration.

From past experience on my C8, I know that LG TVs lock out white balance settings when a custom 1D LUT is loaded. You may have a custom 1D LUT in place. I know I do not. Something to think about. You may try to use the user menu or ColourSpace to reset the HDR mode you want to calibrate first. That should remove any custom 1D LUT and may free up the Peak Brightness control on your G5, if my guess is correct.

Good luck,

LeRoy

Author tallLeRoy
ZRO

#42 | Posted: 14 Sep 2026 15:03 
Hotneca
One more thing that I think may have happened.

By default, ColourSpace gives you two choices to upload LUTs when you have not created any new LUT of your own. Both choices have Unity in the name.

Unity Bypass
Default Unity

Unity Bypass is not an actual LUT, but an instruction for the display to bypass LUTs either 1D or 3D.
Default Unity is an actual LUT that when uploaded into the 1D slot may disable Peak Brightness.

LeRoy

Author Hotneca Male
ZRO

#43 | Posted: 14 Sep 2026 16:48 
tallLeRoy
Thank you, I changed my pattern from my PC to TPG, it's solved. Although my PC was setting no 444 passthrough and HDMI label set to non-PC.

Author Hotneca Male
ZRO

#44 | Posted: 14 Sep 2026 16:50 
tallLeRoy
I'm very appreciate it, now I can start my calibration.

Page  Page 3 of 3 :  « Previous  1  2  3 
Display Calibration Light Illusion Forums / Display Calibration /
 LG G5 - Confused about HDR 3D LUT calibration

 

 
 
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Max. ever online: 380 [24 Mar 2026 21:54]
Guests - 380 / Members - 0