| Forums | Search | Statistics | Polls | File Bank | 
 ∅ ?  
You must be logged in to post content on this forum.
Display Calibration Light Illusion Forums / Display Calibration /  
 

Experiencing an issue with the Map Space HDR10 LUT Generation Method on a LG C4. Hoping someone can help.

 
Author calme420
ZRO

#1 | Posted: Yesterday 18:16 
Hello. This is a two-part post, however I believe the two issues may be related.

The first issue is that I have found that when using newer HDR10 profiles (taken with newer CS versions) vs. older ones (taken with older CS versions), the resulting LUT when using Map Space looks very weird. Images are attached and labeled. I do not know if the CS version has anything to do with it, but that's the only thing that changed between the profiles. LUTs are being generated using the newest CS version.

Secondly, if I use the newer profile that gives the weird map space LUT, but instead use the other LUT generation method, where you calibrate it to itself, then map to bt2020 (by adding to existing LUT), it looks normal? (extracted colourspace here should say C4 but I labeled it C5 by mistake, so please ignore that inconsistency)

Does anyone know what may be going on here? Why does the newer profile map space LUTs look so weird?

Even though the new LUT looks so weird, it still seemed to validate well, so I'm just not sure what's driving that weird shape. The profiling methods were identical, so nothing changed. I am also confused as to why the shape of the LUT is completely different (more normal) when using the 2-step method, instead of Map Space.

Old Profile LUT_Looks Normal
Old Profile LUT_Looks Normal
New Profile LUT_Looks Weird
New Profile LUT_Looks Weird
Alternative LUT Generation_Looks normal
Alternative LUT Generation_Looks normal

Display Calibration Light Illusion Forums / Display Calibration /
 Experiencing an issue with the Map Space HDR10 LUT Generation Method on a LG C4. Hoping someone can help.

 

 
Online now: Guests - 2
Members - 0
Max. ever online: 380 [24 Mar 2026 21:54]
Guests - 380 / Members - 0