| Forums | Register | Polls | Search | Statistics |
 (?)  
You must be logged in to post content on this forum.
Display Calibration Light Illusion Forums / Display Calibration /  

i1 display pro and projector

Author mathcauv
ZRO
#1 | Posted: 2 May 2015 07:34 
Hello

I tried to calibrate for the second time a projector with lightspace CMS and i1 display pro, but I got for the second time a strange result. First projector was a JVC Dela and the second a Projection Design F85. I'm trying to calibrate them to REC 709, but in both case it seems that I can't reach the line between green and blue.

On the JVC I had no time to go further, but for the F85 I'm worrying to do a mistake from beginning.

I installed my probe on a stand around 2 meters in front of screen, pointing to the center without shadow on the screen.

In the probe option I set Burst as display type and Projector with average low lights measurements in the Calibration settings.

Then I connected Lightspace to Davinci, set the white point, the brightness and contrast to what seems to be the best result, and I started some measures.

In both case the green is out the Rec 709 but closer to the yellow, and the blue a bit closer to red. The cyan is inside the REc 709.

I thought it was because of too much red in the signal, but playing with the red Gain of the projector doesn't give any result on other colors. I tried to set some colours playing woth the x and y settings directly on the projector, but I can't reach the green.

So it seems I did some mistake somewhere. But where? Or is the i1 display pro not the good tool to calibrate a projector? Does anyone could kindly light me?

Thanks
Mathieu

Author Steve

INF
Male
#2 | Posted: 2 May 2015 08:29 
Hi Mathieu,

We will need to see the actual profile of the projector before calibration, the LUT you generated, and the re-profile of the projector wit the LUT applied.

Steve
Steve Shaw
Mob Boss at Light Illusion

You must be logged in to post content on this forum.
Display Calibration Light Illusion Forums / Display Calibration /
 i1 display pro and projector

Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Max. ever online: 192 [11 Jan 2023 08:39]
Guests - 192 / Members - 0